Become an RQI member
Show your support for the reconciliation movement. Membership with Reconciliation Queensland entitles you to:
- Invitations to attend a range of events, forums and AGMs
- Vote and stand for election on Reconciliation Queensland’s Management Committee
- Access to member resources
- Networking and collaboration
Membership corresponds to the financial year: 1 July – 30 June
Who can join
RQI membership is open to individuals, organisations (government and non-government), corporations and businesses.
RQI membership is targeted to any group or person interested in reconciliation activities, learning and working with Indigenous Queenslanders and participating in the community.
If you work with an Indigenous organisation, local reconciliation group, collective or other non-profit community group, you may like to consider purchasing an organisational membership. Businesses and government organisations are encouraged to join as corporate members.
Sponsors, including individual and community philanthropists, are invited to become partners with our organisation.
Any person aged 18 years or over who supports the objects of the Association and agrees to be bound by the rules and code of conduct of the Association will be eligible to be admitted as an Ordinary Member (RQI rules, 5.2).
Any person who could be admitted as an Ordinary Member in accordance with rule 5.2 may be instead admitted as a Friend of the Association (RQI rules, 5.3).
Any corporation which makes a resolution through its Management Committee to support the objects of the Association and be bound by the rules and code of conduct of the Association will be eligible to be admitted as a Corporate Member (RQI rules, 5.4).
Any organisation or group including incorporated and unincorporated Associations which makes a resolution through its Management Committee to support the objects of the Association and be bound by the rules and code of conduct of the Association will be eligible to be admitted as a Group Member (RQI rules, 5.5).
RQI annual membership fees
The list below sets out the membership categories according to the Association Rules and the corresponding fees.
- Ordinary Member (Adult): $20
- Ordinary Member (Concession): $5
- Corporate Member (government departments/business): $200
- Group Member (non-profit): $60
Friends of the Association may join by subscribing to RQI News here. There is no cost to become a Friend of the Association, but please be aware that this category of membership has no voting rights.
- Concessional members have full voting rights and receive access to all RQI services, publications and discounts.
- Concession membership is only offered to full-time students and current Australian pension cardholders. We do not offer discounted membership for other concession cardholders.
- Students need to be currently enrolled in full-time study in a certificate or higher course in Australia.
- Proof of eligibility for student, concession and affiliate memberships must be provided.
Your membership will be valid for the financial year upon joining. Membership fees are due on the 1st of July annually. A reminder notice will be sent out annually in June to align with NAIDOC week.
To renew your membership, simply visit our online store or download an RQI membership Form [PDF 631KB] and mail it in to us.
Remember to complete the credit card details or send us your payment by cheque or money order. Your membership will not activate until you payment has been received.
If you would like to know more, please contact us.
One year’s Group Membership with RQI costs $60. Eligibility for this membership includes all non-profit organisations, incorporated and non-incorporated community groups and small businesses (sole trader or staffing 10 or under).
As a Group Member, your organisation will receive access to all our services, publications, plus the following:
- A 50% discount on Ordinary Memberships for staff and/or members of organisations which already have Group Membership i.e. Your staff and/or members will be able to purchase their own Ordinary Membership (affiliate) at a discounted rate by using the coupon code ‘affiliate’ when prompted during the online checkout.
- Free promotion of the reconciliation activities conducted by your organisation on the RQI website Events page.
- Contact details and description of your organisation listed on the RQI website.
One year’s membership with RQI costs $200. Eligibility for this membership includes all profit based organisations, businesses (staffing over 10), corporations and government bodies.
As a Corporate Member, your organisation will receive access to all our services, publications, plus the following:
- A 50% discount on Ordinary Memberships for staff and/or members of organisations which already have Corporate Membership i.e. Your staff and/or members will be able to purchase their own Ordinary Membership (affiliate) at a discounted rate by using the coupon code ‘affiliate’ when prompted during the online checkout.
- Free promotion of the reconciliation activities conducted by your organisation.
- 1 corporate certificate verifying RQI membership.
Members/staff of the following organisations, businesses and bodies are eligible to take out an RQI affiliate membership at a discounted rate:
- Reconciliation Australia
- Noonga Reconciliation Group
- Queensland Studies Authority
RQI operates as an advocate on a broad range of issues concerning the human rights of Indigenous Australians and the role of Reconciliation within Queensland today.
We also seek representation on committees and working groups providing strategic input or advocacy to the tourism and business industry, health, community and cultural development, housing and education at state and national levels.
If there is an issue in your community that you feel requires attention, please contact us and we will look into the matter to see what action can be taken.