An equitable and informed Queensland, which recognises a shared past and respects Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first Australians.
Promote an ongoing process of reconciliation within Queensland through:
- Campaigning against racism and any other form of discrimination;
- Facilitating and supporting mutually respectful and engaging relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Queenslanders;
- The development of strategic partnerships;
- Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, communities and organisations in aspirations related to education and training, health and well being, cultural sustainability, justice and self determination;
- Advocating and supporting institutional and individual change with a focus on cultural competence and cultural safety;
- Supporting individuals, organisations, local reconciliation and community groups by providing access to information and resources;
- Creating an environment for greater understanding of the unique position, diversity of cultures, languages and histories of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Providing an improved understanding of Australian history and contemporary issues from an Indigenous Australian perspective and advocating against injustices suffered by Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Opportunities to support the educational and training desires of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Supporting community desires for the revival and maintenance of Aboriginal languages and cultures and Torres Strait Islander languages and cultures;
- Supporting programs that improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Supporting initiatives that encourage self determination and Indigenous rights of Aboriginal communities and Torres Strait Islander communities.