Annual General Meeting 2018
Invitation to attend the RQI Annual General Meeting 2018
RQI members are invited to attend the association’s Annual General Meeting 2018 on October 6th at Arana Leagues Club.
In order to vote or nominate at the Annual General Meeting 2018, you must be a financial member of RQI. Please renew your membership online or complete this membership form [PDF 631KB], which provides membership through to 30 June 2019.
Please make every effort to join or renew your current membership prior to Friday 28th September 2018.
We are excited to announce that Anthropologist and Consulting Archeologist Dr Eleanor Crosby will be Guest Speaker at the RQI Annual General Meeting 2018.
Dr Crosby has been closely involved with Aboriginal history of South East Queensland since 1985.
Since retiring, she has begun to gather and record the body of her work locally and put it into print. Her publication will be entitled Danggan Balun Jagun: Five Rivers Country, a contribution to Aboriginal History.
AGM key details
When: Saturday, 6th October 2018, 12.30pm for a 1.00pm start
Where: Arana Leagues Club, 247 Dawson Parade, Keperra.
A short Special General Meeting will be held prior to the AGM to reaffirm the current rules of the association for Office of Fair Trading documentation requirements.
Refreshments will be provided.
The following link provides access the meeting documents below: https://goo.gl/HhjsXz
- Notice of Special General Meeting
- Proxy Form for Special General Meeting
- Invitation to the Annual & Special General Meetings
- Agenda for the Annual & Special General Meetings
- Nomination form for Committee Positions 2018/2019 and Proxy Form for AGM
- Constitution 2004
- RQI Rules 2015
Election of RQI Committee
- All nominations for committee positions must be received via returned mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 September 2018.
- Potential Committee Members are required to be nominated 14 days prior to the AGM that is, by Saturday 22nd September 2018.
- If no written nominations are received for a position, nominations may be taken from the floor at the AGM.
- All of the executive committee positions will be declared vacant at the commencement of the AGM.
- Half of the general committee positions will be declared vacant at the commencement of the AGM.
- Where there is more than one nomination for a position, members will be asked to vote in a secret ballot.
- If you are unable to attend the AGM, you may appoint a proxy.
12:30 Arrive – Registration
13:00 Welcome – Aunty Heather Castledine, Co-Chair
13:05 Introduction to Guest Speaker – Aunty Heather Castledine, Co-Chair
13:10 Guest Speaker – To be advised
14:00 Questions and Answers of Guest Speaker
14:10 Afternoon Refreshments
14:30 SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – Peter Jackson, Co-Chair
- Vote to repeal previous rules of the association
- Vote to re-approve the current rules of the association
14:45 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- Minutes of Annual General Meeting 2017
- Matters arising from the Minutes of the previous AGM
- Co-Chairperson’s Reports
- Treasurer’s Report
- Receipt, Consideration and Adoption of the Financial Statements of RQI for the Year Ended 30th June 2018 and Reports by Executive Officers and Auditors
- Appointment of Auditors, propose Colin Grant, B.Bus, Grad.Dip Tax, MBA., FTIA, FNTAA, PNA.
- Election of Executive Committee Members (Co-Chair: Aunty Heather Castledine)
- Announcement of Executive Committee for 2018 – 2019
- Election of Committee Members
- Announcement of Committee Members for 2018 – 2019
- General Business
15:30 Close of AGM
We look forward to seeing you at the Annual General Meeting 2018.