Annual General Meeting 2019
RQI Annual General Meeting
Saturday 12 October 2019
Registrations from 1.30pm for a 2.00pm start
The Grange Library Meeting Room, 79 Evelyn Street, Grange.
You are cordially invited to attend the 2019 Annual General Meeting of Reconciliation Queensland Incorporated.
Due to Sorry Business in FNQ and NQ, we have had a change of guest speaker.
DATSIP Deputy Director-General Dr Ian Mackie has graciously accepted our invitation to speak at the RQI Annual General Meeting 2019.
Ian has an extensive record of working in the Indigenous field as an educator and educational consultant and within the bureaucracy, including a stint as ADG of Indigenous Education and Training.
In order to vote or nominate at the AGM you must be a current financial member of RQI.
If you are already a member you may renew your membership online or submit your renewal form and payment prior to the start of the AGM.
Joining now or renewing will provide you with RQI membership through to 1 July 2020.
Election of RQI Committee
- Download the RQI Committee Nomination and Proxy Forms here:
- Potential Committee Members are required to nominate 14 days prior to the AGM (see attached form) that is, by Saturday 28th September 2019.
- If no written nominations have been received for a position, nominations may be taken from the floor at the AGM.
- Reconciliation Queensland Inc. Rules section 12.6. states that Members of the Management Committee shall retire at the Annual General Meeting two years following the Annual General Meeting of their appointment to the Management Committee. Therefore, half of all RQI committee positions will be declared vacant at the commencement of the 2019 AGM.
- Where there is more than one nomination for a specific vacant position on the executive, members will be asked to vote in a secret ballot
Afternoon refreshments will be provided. If you are unable to attend the AGM, you may appoint a proxy.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2019 RQI Annual General Meeting.