Reconciliation Queensland is currently seeking applications for a part time (20+ hours per week) Community Engagement Coordinator. This position is for a 6 month fixed-term, with possible extensions.
Community Engagement Coordinator position details
To perform this role it is essential that the person appointed to the position be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person. It is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that applicants are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
The role of Community Engagement Coordinator focuses on coordinating a range of activities needed to expand, develop and support reconciliation in Queensland.
One of the primary roles of the successful applicant is to support the expansion of the regional Reconciliation Groups and networks by providing assistance in the planning and subsequent delivery of reconciliation related activities.
- Demonstrated co-ordination and project management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to Reconciliation and understanding of background and issues
- Knowledge of Reconciliation objectives and debate
- Demonstrated Campaigning/media skills
- Effective communication skills with diverse stakeholder groups, both verbally and in writing
This position will be based in Brisbane and may require work outside normal office hours (7am-6pm) to meet the demands of the position.
Intrastate travel to regional centres to assist with project activities may also be a requirement of this position.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2017
Detailed position description and application requirements documentation is available in Microsoft Word and PDF:
- Position vacancy notice_Community Engagement Coordinator_171110 [Word 212 KB]
- Position vacancy notice_Community Engagement Coordinator_171110 [PDF 369 KB]
- Community Engagement Coordinator position description_171110 [Word 309 KB]
- Community Engagement Coordinator position description_171110 [PDF 369 KB]
- RQI Application Cover Sheet [Word 29.4 KB]
- RQI Application Cover Sheet [PDF 255 KB]
Submission of applications
Applications must include a cover letter and a resume addressing the Selection Criteria. Please submit applications to:
Reconciliation Queensland Inc.
PO Box 15102
CITY EAST QLD 4002, Brisbane CBD
Or email to: email@example.com
For further information call: 0458 071 367