Update July 2018: This recruitment process is closed. Applications for this position are no longer being accepted
Regional Engagement Coordinator
Reconciliation Queensland is currently seeking applications for a part time (20+ hours per week) Regional Engagement Coordinator, commencing 2 July 2018 for a fixed-term position until 30th June 2019. Subject to performance outcomes, the terms of this role may be extended.
To perform this role, it is essential that the person appointed to the position be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person. It is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that applicants are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders.
The role of Regional Engagement Coordinator focuses on coordinating a range of activities needed to expand, develop and support reconciliation in Queensland, in accordance with the RQI Strategic Plan.
The primary responsibilities of the successful applicant are to support the formation of a Queensland Reconciliation Coalition of key stakeholder groups across all sectors and regional reference groups that will deliver a series of reconciliation forums to encourage the expansion of local reconciliation groups and other networks during the next 2 years.
The Regional Engagement Coordinator will also assist in the planning and subsequent delivery of major regionally based reconciliation related activities. Subject to performance outcomes and ongoing funding, the term of this role may be extended.
- Demonstrated co-ordination and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines with minimal support or supervisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Reconciliation and understanding of background and issues.
- Good communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with all team members towards shared goals.
- Demonstrated campaigning/media skills.
- Effective communication skills with diverse stakeholder groups, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare basic acquittal information and documents.
This position will be based in Brisbane and may require work outside normal office hours (7am-6pm) to meet the demands of the position.
Intrastate travel to regional centres to assist with project activities may also be a requirement of this position.
At all other times the contracted person will operate from the Reconciliation Queensland Inc. Office located on Level 18, 111 George Street, BRISBANE CITY, QLD 4001.
Closing date for applications: 22 June 2018
Detailed position description and application requirements documentation is available in Microsoft Word and PDF:
- Position vacancy notice_Regional Engagement Coordinator_180612 [Word 206 KB]
- Position vacancy notice_Regional Engagement Coordinator_180612 [PDF 287 KB]
- Regional Engagement Coordinator position description_180612 [Word 222 KB]
- Regional Engagement Coordinator position description_180612 [PDF 318 KB]
Submission of applications
Applications and supporting information should be emailed/mailed to:
Reconciliation Queensland Inc.
PO Box 15102
CITY EAST QLD 4002, Brisbane CBD
Email address: email@example.com
For further information contact: 0427 220 132