Reconciliation Queensland is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a part time Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator position.
Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator
The Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator will be employed by Reconciliation Queensland Inc. (RQI) and will be directly responsible to its Co-Chairs.
This part-time position is funded by Reconciliation Australia under the Narragunnawali: Regional Engagement Funding Agreement signed by RQI and Reconciliation Australia in May 2019.
The Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for achieving the key objectives outlined in the Annual Activity Work Plan.
The person employed into this position will:
- Establish a state-based Education Reconciliation Industry Network Group (RING);
- Promote the Narragunnawali Reconciliation in Education Program and strengthen schools and early learning services’ engagement with reconciliation in education;
- Promote and advocate for the Narragunnawali: Reconciliation in Education Program, including with the State, faith-based and independent sectors;
- Deliver quarterly workshops about Reconciliation in Education;
- Promote engagement in the biennial Narragunnawali Awards by identifying excellence in Reconciliation in Education at schools and early education services;
- Liaise with a dedicated Reconciliation Australia Narragunnawali team member to receive up to date information to support Reconciliation in Education in Queensland;
- Provide quarterly and annual written reports to Reconciliation Australia as required under the terms of the Narragunnawali: Regional Engagement Funding Agreement;
Additionally, the person in this position will:
- Provide a monthly written report to the RQI Management Committee;
- Make any written reports available as required to Reconciliation Queensland Inc.
Expressions of Interest in this position are to be made to Maurice Serico at email@example.com by 20 June 2019.
Should you have any questions in relation to this position, please direct those to Peter Jackson, Co-Chair, RQI on 0458 071 367.
The person selected for this position will have experience and capacities to meet the following criteria:
- Ability to establish a state-based network, based on previous participation in similar state and national networks and organisations;
- Experience in promotion and engagement of an educational and awards programs;
- Experience in identifying and involving appropriate organisational partners with a track record of excellence including reconciliation in educational programs;
- Experience in working with schools/early learning services to incorporate reconciliation into ongoing programs and learning activities;
- Ability to promote, advocate and establish reconciliation education partnerships with State, faith based and independent schools;
- Experience in planning and delivering regular scheduled programs of workshops and presentations;
- Ability to work cooperatively and constructively within teams;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- A record of delivering written reports and other tasks on pre-scheduled timelines;
- A proven commitment to the goals and objectives of reconciliation;
- Holds and maintains a current Working with Children Blue Card;
- Holds and maintains a current Drivers Licence, and a reliable vehicle to use for work/travel purposes when necessary.
The above position description and selection criteria are available to download in Microsoft Word and PDF:
- Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator – Position Description [PDF 254KB]
- Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator – Position Description [Word 211KB]
- Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator – Selection Criteria [PDF 249KB]
- Narragunnawali Regional Engagement Coordinator – Selection Criteria [Word 210KB]
Closing date for Expressions of Interest: 20 June 2019
For more information about Narragunnawali, go to www.narragunnawali.org.au.